Today on Raising Adults, we welcome Jen Riday of the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast to the show. Jen helps burned-out, overwhelmed moms get off the hamster wheel and find balance so they can love their lives again. As a mom of 6 with a Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Studies and host of the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast, Jen gives women tools that work. Be sure to tune in!
“Is the happiness I’m modeling or experiencing adequate for the happiness I hope they’ll have as an adult? If the answer’s no, then I need to up my happiness game.” – Jen Riday “How am I going to show this version of myself? The version that’s authentic to my kids instead of shoulding all over myself and losing the sparkle because really, the sparkle is lost when we all try to be the same to some extent.” – Jen Riday Today’s highlights include:
- Jen’s why on reclaiming your authentic self (5:42)
- How to know if you’ve lost your sparkle and what to do to get it back (9:26)
- Steps and questions to ask yourself to recognize if you’ve lost your sense of self (10:23)
- Tool #1 – The BE HER morning ritual (13:01)
- Tool #2 – Creating your values and requirements (16:04)
- Tool #3 – the “Feel it to Heal it” method (20:28)
- Jen does a fun exercise with Kira and Deana (21:43)
Be sure to listen to this episode to hear the exercise we did with Jen, what exactly VSCO girls are and Jen’s three methods to help us get our sparkle back!
Connect with Jen
Thanks to our sponsor YoLabs – Making life easier for working moms!
Thanks for joining us on today’s episode of Raising Adults! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes, give us 5 stars, and leave a review to help us reach even more Future Focused Parents. Don’t forget to check out our website, visit us on Facebook, or hang out with us on Instagram and Twitter to stay up-to-date on what’s in store for you.